Transforming the buying process
Over the last few years there has been a quiet revolution. No longer is e-Procurement solely the realm of a large enterprises. It is now accessible and can offer benefits to anyone.
With easy-to-use, web-based software, e-Sourcing is being de-mystified, allowing more businesses to save money quickly and easily.
e-Sourcing is changing the way businesses work, for the better.
With the right tool, it can bring many immediate benefits to you...
- Fast cost reduction and a large Return on Investment.
- Improved efficiency and centralisation of information.
- Repeatability and auditability of the sourcing process.
and your suppliers...
- Transparency and openness in sourcing activities.
- Instant feedback through an interactive process.
- Easy process with a low sales cost.
What is eSourcing?
It is where companies bid for business over the internet. For an e-RFQ (Request for Quotation) companies quote for your goods or services. For an e-auction companies can bid against each other in real time.
In a reverse auction sellers compete for a contract to supply goods or services and the price decreases over time.
In a forward auction buyers compete to purchase assets and the price increases over time.In both cases, e-auctions help to establish the true market price.
These activities can be supported by Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitations to Tender, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information. With e-Sourcing, you can also run weighted events where non-price related criteria are fed into an overall scoring of participant responses.
How does eSourcing work?
Decide on what you want to do - obtain information or collate prices?
- Use a questionnaire to pre-qualify your participants or simply obtain additional information.
- Decide whether the award is based on price alone or if you wish to weight it to account for other criteria.
- Obtain prices through a simple RFQ or an auction to find the market price.
The rest is business as usual!